Brian is a well known Bible teacher with a particular emphasis on Biblical end time events. Believing that these events are already underway, he believes that the Rapture of the Church to glory is imminent. Brian and Gilly (pic here with Bethan)travel throughout the UK and he also teaches in Europe and the USA. Although they are regularly in fellowships and churches who know them well, they are most happy to visit new venues to bring the message of the Gospel and the nearness of Christs return.
Thursday, 13 March 2014
GOODBYE BACON AS SCHOOLS BEGIN TO BAN PORK! THE MUSLIM TAKEOVER IS RAPIDLY ON THE MOVE!
Parents are up in arms about a school’s decision to ban all pork products from their menu. But that is only part of the story. They are replacing those supposedly offensive menu items with some Muslim-friendly halal meats.
For students between the ages of three and eleven at Brinsworth Manor Infant and Junior Schools in Rotherham, in England, they will no longer be able to enjoy sausage, bacon or ham as part of their meal.
The two schools, which share a site, sent out notices to parents in a letter from the catering officer, Ron Parry. He described the decision and the menu changes as “minor adjustments” to the lunch menu.
With a 20 percent Muslim population now dictating to the other 80 percent that they can no longer enjoy some of their favorite menu items, more than a little resentment has been ignited.
A desire to be “more inclusive” in the menu offerings was cited as the motivation behind the changes by the school governors of both schools.
While the school of 600 students is forcing the majority to accommodate to the minority Muslims, efforts are underway across Britain to curb halal butchering practices. Halal methods of slaughter are seen to be quite inhumane by many westerners, imparting unnecessary suffering to the animal. One prominent veterinarian in Britain, John Blackwell, is calling upon both Muslims and Jews to use more “acceptable” methods of animal slaughter.
One parent of an eleven year old girl at the school says, “’At home I pay more for organic and free range food. I am a Christian but I don’t do it because of that, it’s more for the respect of how animals are killed.”
Another parent spoke against having his child eat food that had been “blessed” in the name of Allah, a god that he doesn’t believe in, as well as having an animal killed in an inhumane fashion, which he also finds objectionable.