Sunday 13 May 2018

"Is Islamophobia The Equivalent Of Antisemitism" And Much More From The Impressive Melanie Phillips.

Melanie Banner
 
Hello and welcome to my newsletter. 
apple-and-pear
Is Islamophobia the equivalent of antisemitism? Absolutely not, I said, and Twitter went into meltdown. Never one to seek the path of least resistance (!) I amplified the point in my Times column (£). To access it, please click here.
Brexit
On BBC TV's Sunday Politics show, I said what I thought about the current Brexit negotiations. Not everyone agreed... Click here to follow the argument and watch the fun.
Talk-Parkside-church-Cleveland-Ohio-
The author in full flow...again
Last week, I spoke at Parkside church in Cleveland Ohio on “The eclipse of conscience and reason". Click here to watch the whole event.
Truth and Falsehood
Truth Vanquishing Falsehood; Alfred Stevens, 1867-8
I have just returned from another most interesting and enjoyable speaking tour in America. Click here to read my diary account of some memorable encounters.
hatter
Mad Hatter's tea-party, from Alice's Adventure in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll; Tenniel illustration
Britain has a new Home Secretary who inherits a government mess over immigration policy. Read my take here on whether he is likely to bring order out of chaos.
Please also follow me on Twitter at MelanieLatest and “like” me on Facebook at facebook.com/MelanieLatest. Thank you again for following my work.
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment